Tuesday, December 24, 2013

DIY Mini Wreath Christmas Ornament Tutorial


DIY Mini Wreath Ornament Tutorial

Social Media can be a great place to connect with all sorts of creative people and find inspiration. In November CheyAnneSexton sent me some little pine cones she found. I used to find these alder cones in my old neighborhood but haven't seen any yet in North Seattle.  I thought they would be perfect to use for Christmas ornaments!  I found this great twine at Jo-Anns; it has wire in it so it can bend and hold its shape:

christmas crafts


I started with a loop the size I wanted then wrapped more of the twine around it:

ornament tutorial


I kept wrapping more and hot glued the pine cones randomly:


DIY ornament

wreath ornaments


I  spray painted a couple gold:


The rest I left plain; tied a gold cord for hanging and glued on a red ribbon bow. I attached some to gifts also!  This is the first year in a long time I actually had time before Christmas to make decorations! See my paper ornament tutorial for more Christmas craft ideas.



2 comments:

  1. Heather,
    This is the coolest blog post ever. I love the little wreaths, especially the gold ones. I just knew you would know what to do with them. If you ever want more just let me know. They are everywhere along the rivers here in New Mexico. And now I know the tree is an Alder. Thanks for this inclusion on your blog.
    peace n abundance,
    CheyAnne

    ReplyDelete